Company: Kaiser Aluminum
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Responsible for general accounting functions including but not
limited to preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of
general ledger accounts, preparation of internal financial
statements and reports. This position will also provide support and
back up for other accounting functions e.g. Accounts Payable and
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Assumes responsibility for performing assigned accounting and
related clerical support functions.
- Preparation of journal entries.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts including researching
and correcting discrepancies.
- Maintain files, including filing of account reconciliation
documentation, general ledger journal vouchers and other
- Responsible for amortization of prepaid accounts.
- Responsible for analysis and accruals related to benefits
- Follow proper accounting procedures to reach financial
- Monitor and analyze financial accounting data
- Provide backup for other accounting functions as needed
- Assumes responsibility for effectively researching and
resolving accounting or documentation problems and
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining
effective communication and coordination with Company personnel
(local and plant level) and with management.
- Maintains regular contact with Plant level accounting teams to
obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions or
other erroneous data.
- Keep management informed of area activities and any significant
- Attend and participate in meetings as necessary.
- Assume responsibility for related duties as required or
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well
- Completes special projects and miscellaneous assignments as
- Accounting documents, records and reports are prepared,
maintained accurately and in a timely manner.
- Department files are appropriately maintained.
- Good communication and coordination exists with all Company
personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities
- Accounting functions are completed in accordance with
established standards, policies and procedures.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: BA/BS with an emphasis in
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Knowledge of related computer applications (Oracle, Hyperion,
Blackline Systems, Alteryx, ADP GL) would be beneficial
- Intermediate to advanced level Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
PowerPoint) skills EXPERIENCE:
- 3 5 years related experience with a medium to large
manufacturing company preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively
with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skillsby Jobble
Keywords: Kaiser Aluminum, Franklin , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!