Company: Williamson Medical Center
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Williamson Medical Center is hiring a Financial Counselor in
Franklin, TN. This is a full time position on day shift. This
position is eligible for an excellent benefit package offering
medical, dental, vision, paid time off, flexible spending accounts,
voluntary life, short-term disability and long-term disability,
discounted membership to Williamson County Recreation Centers and
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just
another number. To us, they're family. They're smart, talented,
compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We're
certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from
the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow, so
must we. That's why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a
Effectively manages the self-pay (under-insured) collection process
through proactive account review and discussion of payment plan
options available to patients
Formal Education / Training:
Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, have PC and
calculator experience, and have good communication skills to convey
financial policies and payment options
Prior experience with medical account collections or related area
Equipment and Skills Training:
Meditech System, Valco System, Passport System, PC, Printers, Fax,
Requires sitting for prolonged periods of time, viewing the
computer screen and using repetitive motions, and must have a
clear, understandable telephone voice
- Utilizes the Surgical Day Care Patient Schedule to identify
uninsured patients. Checks/Verifies if previous Insurance exists.
If no Insurance, contacts the patients to advise them of an
approximate price for their procedure and deposit required prior to
their scheduled procedure.
- Contacts Physicians Office if patient is unable to make deposit
to see if procedure can be postponed until patients can make
deposit required. .Assists patients with payment options
- Provides appropriate Financial Assistance forms to patients and
assists patients in completing the Financial Assistance application
to determine if charity or medical indigent is appropriate. Ensures
forms are accurately completed and ensures that all supporting
documentation is obtained and all calculations are accurate prior
to sending to Supervisor /Director for approval.
- Assists Walk-In patients to establish payment arrangements,
prompt pay discounts, and financial assistance and assists patients
in resolving issues with account balances.
- Completes self-pay adjustment form and obtains Supervisors
approval prior to entering adjustment on patients account
- Adds appropriate insurance to accounts and notifies the correct
biller for billing. Moves account out of any agency and assigns
money to correct insurance bucket.
- Enters agreed upon contract information in the Meditech B/AR
- Verifies account information on address and phone numbers and
makes corrections as needed
- Works with hospital collection agencies and attorneys to
provide and discuss account information as needed for the purpose
- Identifies and documents employees outstanding accounts to
arrange for salary/payment assignment
- Handles and prioritize multiple tasks
- Completes any other job duties assigned by the department
Director or Supervisors
Keywords: Williamson Medical Center, Franklin , FINANCIAL COUNSELOR, Accounting, Auditing , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!