Packaging Development Engineer
Company: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc.
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Job Location:: Franklin, TN - Franklin, TN Summary
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Packaging Development
Engineer to join our exciting new pet food business at our
headquarters in Franklin, TN. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people,
and to us pets are family. We believe that they deserve good food
made with wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl.
It is our commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing
exclusively in the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and
the pets we ultimately feed.
Purpose of Role
This position requires a highly engaged individual to provide
packaging technical and administrative leadership to the Sales and
Development team. The position is responsible for leading and
executing packaging-related projects for the Red Collar Pet. The
position is responsible for overseeing conceptual design and
development activities, planning and conducting package development
and testing and determining equipment and prototype requirements
for packaging development projects. Significant collaboration is
expected with associates in the Process Development, Product
Development, and Engineering, Quality Services, Marketing, Sales
and procurement functions. The position is expected to be a
technical leader capable of providing mentoring and technical
guidance to the packaging and process development community.
- Deliver scalable packaging innovation collaboratively developed
with key peer groups, including Packaging suppliers
- Identify and evaluate innovative packaging and processing
options based on product attribute requirements including technical
and economic feasibility
- Provide technical support to Product Development, Quality, and
manufacturing on new or existing manufacturing processes
- Collaborate with Technical Engineering on relevant
- Translate new technology ideas into visual, physical models and
- Identify key enabling technologies supporting the Red Collar
- Collaborate with suppliers to find design improvements and cost
- Manage scale-up risk and introduction of technology into supply
- Provide capital budget input for packaging activities
- Develop, recommend and lead best practices for knowledge
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Consistently meets or exceeds the standards and expectations of
internal and external customers and consumers.
- Creative, value-added thinking with a broad working knowledge
of food science and industry best practices, packaging science,
consumer needs/trends and potential relevant technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of process and packaging science,
packaging engineering and machine design.
- Proven leadership with or without positions of authority.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Conflict Management
- Integrity and Trust
- Motivating Others
- Knowledge Sharing
Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc.
- 3+ years of work experience in Packaging or Engineering
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through
the completion of a bachelor's degree program in a related field,
or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- 7+ years of work experience in Packaging or Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Science or Engineering.
- Multi-site working experience.
- Proven creative, value-added, results producer.
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you need assistance or an accommodation during the application
process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The
company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant
will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Job Type: Full-time PI130615752
Keywords: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc., Franklin , Packaging Development Engineer, Engineering , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!