Network Engineer II
Company: Franklin American Mortgage Company
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Franklin American Mortgage is now part of Citizens Bank, N.A. By joining forces with Citizens Bank and complementing each other's strengths, we'll improve the breadth and depth of our capabilities. We strive to find talented, service-oriented professionals committed to excellence to join our customer-centric culture built around helping your customers and your community. Effective August 1, 2018, Franklin American Mortgage Company is owned and operated by Citizens Bank, N.A. Therefore, the individual hired to fill this role will be an employee of Citizens Bank. Responsibilities The Network Engineer II provides day-to-day support for the production telecomm and networking systems and participates in the on-call rotation. This includes a broad range of solutions that address critical organizational needs, such as enterprise converged networks, IT security, VoIP, telecommunication backbone networks and IDS IDP systems. Primary responsibilities include: Reviews and actions open issues or operational requests prioritizing them based on business criticality and SLA levels. Collects, examines data and sends along relevant information to management and other operational peers.
- Performance monthly capacity assessments in network port, throughput and other areas ensuring capacity is forecasted correctly avoiding reactive upgrades to networking systems and supporting a proactive environment. Identifies diagnoses and resolves network problems. During troubleshooting, he identifies and evaluates different options and chooses the right course of action to solve production problems. Configure and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related services. Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks. Obtain and maintain two to three-year vendor/product roadmaps to propose firmware or product upgrades and changes during the lifecycle of a telecomm or network solution. Qualifications
- Bachelors degree or relevant work experience.
- 4-6+ years of experience in similar position.
- CCNA, CCNP, CCIE, JNCP.
- Expertise with Juniper, Cisco Telecomm equipment and Security best practices.
- Hands-on experience implementing and administering network and telecomm devices including Juniper, Cisco Voice and Networking solutions.
- Experience in setting and maintaining security and configuration policies within the network for firewalls, routers and switches.
- Understanding of MPLS deployment and management.
- Understanding of routing protocols including BGP and OSPF as implemented in Juniper or Cisco Devices.
- Experience and working knowledge with:
- Cisco Voice and Networking solutions
- Juniper EX switches
- Juniper SRX series devices
- WAN Optimization via various protocols and methods (e.g. traffic shaping, acceleration, compression).
- OSI network model, Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Common network monitoring, security and configuration best practices Hours & Work Schedule Hours per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday Why Work with Us At Citizens, you'll find a customer-centric culture built around helping our customers and giving back to our local communities. When you join our team, you are part of a supportive and collaborative workforce, with access to training and tools to accelerate your potential and maximize your career growth. Equal Employment Opportunity It is the policy of Citizens Bank to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran Franklin America Mortgage Company, a division of Citizens Bank, N.A., a national banking association.
Keywords: Franklin American Mortgage Company, Franklin , Network Engineer II, Engineering , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!