Corporate IT Sr. Network Engineer
Posted on: August 15, 2019
Establishes, maintains and optimizes network performance by
* Planning, designing, implementing and maintaining all layers of
the company network stack, from user access to the network edge to
the WAN and beyond.
* Fulfill role as backup to other network engineers on projects and
or support coverage
* Configuration and support of company Firewalls, routers, switches
and other network equipment
* Planning, designing, implementing and maintaining all networking
related services and connectivity needs of company
public/private/hybrid cloud services.
* Performance monitoring and capacity planning of network and
* Defining and maintaining company network standards, policies,
plans and procedures.
Provides support to users of company network systems by
* Working with internal users to understand the business needs and
current challenges that can be improved with network services.
* Representing the organization in telecommunication discussions;
articulating the organization s strategy, policies and enforcement
* Working with Corporate IT security to ensure secure networking
practices and designs are followed and maintained to reduce
* Assist team members on projects and tasks and to improve team
knowledge and expertise.
Performs telecommunication analysis and management by
* Analyzing and maintaining various telecommunication systems, both
on-premise and cloud based.
* Performance monitoring and capacity planning of Voice systems
* Developing, monitoring and maintaining communication policies,
plans and procedures
Assist in IT infrastructure maintenance and support by
* RMA ing datacenter equipment to be found in a non-optimal state &
ensuring replacement is installed properly.
* Periodically visiting local datacenter to perform maintenance
tasks such as tape rotation, cable replacement, hard drive swaps,
* Installation of new/replaced IT hardware as needed.
Contributes to team effort by
* Coordinating activities with other technical personnel as
* Managing external vendor relationships, contracts and service
* Developing and analyzing highly complex system standards,
thresholds; making recommendations to maximize system
Maintains Quality Service and Departmental Standards by:
* Reading, understanding and adhering to organizational Standard
Operating Procedures ( SOP )
* Reviewing and updating company SOPs related to Information
* Maintain and ensure critical telephony and network infrastructure
has high level of resiliency and backup
Maintains Technical Knowledge by
* Keeping abreast of new telecommunication solutions, technologies
and best practices
* Keeping abreast of the requirements of our clients and regulated
* Serving as subject matter expert to internal teams
Bachelor s Degree in MIS or equivalent professional experience
Voice certifications a plus
Network certifications a plus
Expertise in implementing Cisco Firewalls, switches and F5 load
balancer configurations and support
Hands-on working knowledge with ShoreTe/Mitel, Avaya, Microsoft
Windows, QOS, PRI, communications circuits, VoIP, Unified
Communications, Cisco networking equipment (iOS and NxOS).
6+ years of experience in communications initiatives in a global
Technical understanding of networking protocols including secure
Solid working knowledge of network switching, routers, LAN I/P
design, VLAN, Voice over I/P, Interactive Voice Response, Mobile
Current in communications best practices and global trends
Cisco experience preferred
Strong Network troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
Past experience designing and supporting public/private/hybrid
cloud network infrastructure (AWS, Azure, etc.).
Solid experience with designing and supporting SD-WAN solutions and
Ability to work in group setting and independently; ability to
adjust to changing priorities
Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and
Strong documentation and organizational skills
Ability to project and maintain a professional and positive
Past experience with WAN optimization technologies a plus.
Travel: 0-10% international
Other: Computer work for long periods of time
Work Schedule Requires availability to occasionally work unusual
hours including evenings and weekends to accommodate Network
repairs, upgrades, etc. May require responding to after hours IT
emergencies (i.e. on call)
Bioclinica is an equal opportunity employer. Bioclinica evaluates
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity
or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status
or any other legally protected characteristic.
This position description should not be deemed all inclusive.
Additional requirements and expectations may be assigned. At all
times, employees are expected to adhere to company policies and
Keywords: BioClinica, Franklin , Corporate IT Sr. Network Engineer, Engineering , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!