Procurement Inbound Manager
Company: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc.
Posted on: February 19, 2021
Job Location:: Franklin, TN - Franklin, TN
Red Collar Pet Foods is looking for a Procurement Inbound Manager
to join our exciting new pet food business at our headquarters in
Franklin, TN. Who is Red Collar? We are pet people, and to us pets
are family. We believe that they deserve good food made with
wholesome and balanced nutrition in every bag and bowl. It is our
commitment to quality ingredients and manufacturing exclusively in
the U.S. which makes us all proud of our company and the pets we
Purpose of Role
The Procurement Inbound Manager is responsible for developing,
executing and optimizing supply chain strategies, pipelines and
procure to pay processes for the delivery of packaging to the Red
Collar Pet Food manufacturing sites and third-party facilities in
support of plant production schedules and forecasted demand. This
role partners with the Strategic Sourcing Managers, manufacturing
sites and suppliers.
- Develop, manage and execute effective and efficient logistics
pipelines for packaging to Red Collar Pet Food sites and any
third-party facilities to satisfy plant production schedules and
- Ensure that all plants have sufficient inventory to support
production schedule and safety stock while optimizing inventory
balanced against the risk of disruption to production.
- Optimize the cost of supply by helping to reduce losses due to
obsolescence, aged inventory and managing transportation costs
- Drive inbound material efficiency and agility
- Ensure adherence to quality & manage supplier issues
- Ensure adherence to and improving relevant processes and
- Determine optimal packaging order needs based on combination of
production demand forecast, historical usage, pipeline inventory
level and other key inputs such as run-out estimate and EOQ
- Place orders with suppliers and maintain order status
information up to date in operating systems.
- Schedule packaging & raw material order releases with suppliers
and ensure delivery
- Manage to optimize run-outs and supply and inventory
ramp-up/ramp-down during new packaging transition items
- Own the supplier logistics relationship for material, including
communication of material requirements and management of supplier
- Assist with disposition of damaged materials and replacement of
- Communicate effectively between plants, suppliers, supply
activity analysts, planners, buyers and other functions to manage
the responsibilities, changes and exceptions.
- Be the problem-solving catalyst and conflict resolution between
sourcing managers, suppliers, and supply chain operations
- Drive and leverage supplier's capabilities to reduce Red Collar
Pet Food TCO in the supply chain
- Provide input and endure adherence to MRP parameter such as
lead times, EOQ, and safety stocks
- Perform appropriate safety stock reviews for each site
- Negotiate and contract one off purchases as needed for business
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Solid understanding and knowledge of logistics and order
processes for ingredient/packaging pipelines and inbound processes
for manufacturing sites.
- Ability to manage supply chain operation requirements,
including problem solving skills in urgent situations where supply
shortages may exist
Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc.
- Supply chain design and implementation maximizing efficiency
for ingredient/packaging materials
- Procure to pay processes and invoice reconciliations
- Enforcing adherence to specifications
- Experience with SAP and/or JD Edwards ERP systems
- Solid skills in standard software (e.g. MS Office Excel,
PowerPoint, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Cost savings process skills such as project management,
resources needed, and implementation plans.
- Good math, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meet required timeline and
manage time and prioritizing
- Demonstrated capability to perform at peak levels in a high
- Planning, project management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to manage complex
- Verbal and written skills - ability to communicate to all
levels of management
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant business experience in
ingredient/packaging supply chain management, logistics,
purchasing, or related fields.
- Experience in Ingredient & Packaging materials logistics and
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain
Management or related field.
- Advanced degree preferred, but not required
Red Collar Pet Foods is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If
you need assistance or an accommodation during the application
process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The
company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant
will be penalized as a result of such a request.
Keywords: Red Collar Pet Foods, Inc., Franklin , Procurement Inbound Manager, Executive , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!