Vice President, Compliance
Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The mission of Acadia Healthcare is to maintain our standing as
a world-class organization that sets the standard for excellence in
the treatment of behavioral health and addiction concerns. In all
that we do, we strive to make our services synonymous with
clinically excellent care and an unparalleled commitment to our
patients, our staff, our communities, and the professionals with
whom we collaborate. As of June 30, 2021, Acadia operated a network
of 229 behavioral healthcare facilities with approximately 10,100
beds in 40 states and Puerto Rico. With more than 20,000 employees
serving approximately 70,000 patients daily, Acadia is the largest
stand-alone behavioral health company in the U.S. Acadia provides
behavioral healthcare services to its patients in a variety of
settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty
treatment facilities, residential treatment centers and outpatient
The Vice President of Compliance implements Acadia Healthcares
Compliance Program, reviews and evaluates compliance
issues/concerns within the organization, and guides compliance
activities. The position oversees efforts to keep assigned
operations in compliance with applicable rules, regulations,
company policies, and best practices. This position includes travel
throughout the system. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee implementation of compliance policies, procedure and
practices for Acadia and its related activities to prevent illegal,
unethical, or improper conduct.
- Routinely review the Compliance Program in assessing adherence
to expectations and advancements.
- Monitor the day-to-day compliance activities across the Acadia
facility and clinic network
- Develop, review, update internal compliance procedures, tools,
- Key liaison for the executive team and board of directors for
Acadias Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Program
- Lead investigations into alleged violations of rules,
regulations, policies, & Codes of Conduct by evaluating and
recommending investigations as appropriate. Coordinate resolution
of ethics reports with the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Participate in the Compliance Committee.
- Function as a channel of communication to receive and direct
compliance issues and oversee investigations and resolution of
- Initiate and lead communications with regulatory and external
agencies as appropriate.
- Develop corrective action plans for the resolution of
problematic issues or to address areas of compliance
- Ensure proper facility reporting of violations or potential
violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures, performance
improvement initiatives and maintains organizational and industry
policies regarding confidentiality.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to person(s) receiving
services and their family members, guests and other members of the
health care team.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships
with others and maintains them over time.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation
among team members.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in law or a healthcare related
- A minimum of seven years experience in psychiatric healthcare
operations in a professional, management or leadership role.
Previous Medicare/Medicaid Operations/healthcare industry
- Minimum of seven years in professional or management
- Knowledge of the laws, standards and regulations that apply to
- Experience in conducting complex compliance investigations,
preferably in healthcare.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures with the ability
to operate most standard office equipment.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data
& information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to
interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all
levels; both internal and external.
- Exercises sound judgment in responding to inquiries;
understands when to route inquiries to next level.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior
attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
within inflexible time frames. Ability to adapt to frequent
- Capable of working within established policies, procedures and
practices prescribed by the organization.
- English sufficient to provide and receive
instructions/directions. For more details, please contact - Debbie
Hughes - email@example.comFor more details, please
contact - Debbie Hughes, Physician Recruiter -
firstname.lastname@example.org or 615.861.7581by Jobble
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Franklin , Vice President, Compliance, Executive , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!