Public Affairs Manager
Company: Core Civic
Posted on: November 20, 2022
At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense of
service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to
better the public good. CoreCivic is currently seeking a Manager,
Public Affairs located at our corporate office in Brentwood, TN. -
Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the
people and communities we serve. The Manager, Public Affairs
oversees the implementation of external media and public affairs
initiatives. - Serves as an official spokesperson for the company
in crisis/response media communications and other forms of
communication with external stakeholders. - Assists in managing and
coordinating strategic media and public affairs activities with
facility spokespersons, government partners, and other key
stakeholders. -Cultivates and facilitates stakeholder advocacy for
the company, to include researching and developing strategic
messaging that enhances the company's reputation and relationships
with stakeholders. -Focuses project management and event planning
around stakeholder outreach efforts, as well as development and
maintenance of email database and regular communications. Compiles
information and reports on corporate thought leadership
initiatives. Serves as mentor and subject matter expertise resource
to other members of the Public Affairs team and other departments
across the enterprise as needed.
- Writes and produces news releases, talking points, technical
papers, correspondence, and other professionally written
materials/content in multiple formats.
- Serves as company spokesperson, fielding media requests,
gathering information and providing on-the-record media interviews
and statements, and other public presentations as needed.
- Engages members of the media and pitches newsworthy stories
that promote the brand and reputation of the company while
educating the public about the company's programs, services and
- Supports department leadership in building and maintaining
strategic relationships with stakeholders and allies for the
- Assists department leadership and works closely with
partnership development teams in the development and management of
stakeholder outreach, messaging and related strategies.
- Develops, integrates and manages projects, to include event
planning and other community, public and media relation activities
- Conducts and coordinates internal and external research as
needed to support public affairs and partnership development
initiatives, including reporting support for thought leadership
- Supports facility public information officers (PIOs) by serving
as the lead on development, coordination, and implementation of PIO
training and related media relation strategies and activities.
- Provides subject matter expertise in the form of coaching,
support and collaboration to other members of the Communications
team as well as other departments across the enterprise, as needed
- Participates in and completes special public affairs projects
as assigned by department leadership and senior management.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.Qualifications:
- Graduate from an accredited college or
university with a Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Public Relations
or related field is required. -
- Four years of media/public relations experience, including two
years as an on-the-record spokesperson, is required.
- Correctional and/or criminal justice experience may be
substituted for the experience requirement on a year-for-year
basis, with at least two years of experience in a public
information officer/spokesperson-related role. - -
- Experience with stakeholder engagement is required. -
- Experience in managing social media platforms is preferred.
- Effective communication skills; written, verbal, and listening,
are required. -
- Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the
organization, including senior management.
- -Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required. -
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE - including
Disability/Veteran - - - - - - - - - -
Keywords: Core Civic, Franklin , Public Affairs Manager, Executive , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!