Director, Privacy & Data Protection
Company: Health Support Center
Posted on: November 20, 2023
LifePoint Health- Health Support CenterLifepoint Health is a
leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making
Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network
spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32
rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170
additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as
acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care
facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented
people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with
opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that
truly make a difference in communities across the country.We are
always looking for people inspired to help us in our mission. If
you are someone who wants to change the lives of patients, drive
success for our partners and be part of a team driven to improve
care, we may have your next opportunity.POSITION SUMMARY:The
Director, Privacy & Data Protection supports the oversight and
operations of the Company's Privacy and Data Protection programs.
-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must
perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodation. -
- Oversee all ongoing activities related to the development,
implementation, maintenance, and adherence to the organization's
policies and procedures covering the privacy of, use, disclosure
and access to, patient health information (PHI) in compliance with
federal and state laws and the organization's information security
and privacy practices.
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) regarding privacy and/or
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) related
matters to all LifePoint Health facilities and affiliates.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state
privacy laws (EPHI & PII) and accreditation standards.
- Establishes and administers a process for investigating and
acting on privacy and data protection com-plaints, Performs
required breach risk assessment, documentation, and
- Lead quarterly Privacy operations meetings to update and
educate Facility Privacy Officers on new laws, regulations, Company
initiatives, projects, etc. - -
- Research privacy-related topics and developments and work with
hospital and Company leadership on proactive initiatives to
mitigate Privacy risks across the Company.
- Collaborate with the information protection team to ensure
alignment between security and privacy compliance programs
including policies, practices, investigations, and acts as a
liaison to the ITS department.
- Provide training, resources, and tools to enable Facility
Privacy Officers to investigate and respond to patient privacy
- Collaborate with the Company's Legal and Compliance department
to coordinate, create, and draft responses to government related
- Review requests for changes and modification to Business
Associate Agreements (BAA) in which the Company enters.
- Support the Company's Enterprise Risk Management Tool utilized
for incident management and issue tracking, risk assessments, and
- Represent Information Protection & Privacy as a member of the
Company Policy Committee, Compliance Committee, and ITS Technology
- Works cooperatively with the Health Information Management
(HIM) HSC teams and other applicable organization units in
overseeing patient rights to inspect, amend, and restrict access to
protected health information when appropriate.
- Serves as privacy resource to the organization regarding
release of information and to all departments for all privacy
- Lead by example and promote a culture of compliance throughout
the organization, and work to strengthen the Company's compliance
- Provide due diligence support for mergers and acquisitions as
needed or requested. - -
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Health Support Center, Franklin , Director, Privacy & Data Protection, Executive , Brentwood, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!