Posted on: October 14, 2018
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you'll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About this Role:
The Sales Manager leads a team of eight to 11 individual sales professionals and ensures that each team member's activity, development, and bookings goals are planned and met on a monthly and quarterly basis. The Sales Manager ultimately drives sales by focusing the team on small to midsize technology vendor accounts and by developing the strategic selling skills of the team. This individual drives the sales activity for Forrester's products into target client companies by partnering with business technology and marketing professionals.
- Achieve overall team sales goals.
- Coach and motivate individual team members, some of whom are remote workers.
- Develop team members for current and future opportunities.
- Hire and develop new team members for future growth.
- Analyze sales forecasts and pipelines.
- Collaborate with other Forrester departments and sales teams to enrich business.
- Maintain the proper product mix ratio.
- Utilize Forrester's CRM system and sales methodology.
- Act as a role model and leader within the sales organization. Promote a can-do culture and positive environment, advise reps on accounts, answer questions, and provide assistance when necessary.
- Make presentations to clients and prospective clients regarding Forrester's products and services. Assist with presentations when necessary.
- Manage the region as a business with appropriate expense and budget controls.
- Travel with the sales reps for coaching opportunities as well as client engagement and feedback.
- A bachelor's degree.
- Eight years of sales experience, with a minimum of three years of first-line sales management experience.
- Proven experience managing large accounts, achieving revenue goals, and managing sales strategies.
- A strong track record of sales management in both sales target attainment and people/team development.
- Strong, high-level relationship skills.
- Demonstrated success in designing and implementing tactical sales initiatives through data and empirical analysis.
- The ability to thrive in a team selling environment.
- Coaching and mentoring skills.
- The ability to absorb and grasp new concepts quickly (such as rapid advancements in the business technology industry).
- Strong prospecting, needs analysis, negotiating, and closing skills.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Keywords: Forrester, Franklin , Sales Manager, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!