Area Pricing Director
Company: WASTE MANAGEMENT
Posted on: November 10, 2019
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minority/Female/Disability/VeteranAttention growth minded leaders
I. Job SummaryResponsible for the development and execution of all
price management strategic goals for the Area, including core
price, in accordance with Corporate guidance. II. Essential Duties
and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Owns the Area pricing plans completely, including core price
and yield goals, and drives execution to exceed expectations.
- Develops Price Management as a strategic capability by
maintaining focus and ensuring proper resource allocation within
- Collaborates with Area Sales Director, Public Sector Manager
and Area Vice President on profitable revenue growth strategy for
- Works closely with the Corporate Price Management team to
develop pricing strategies and implementation plans, and directs
the execution of such plans.
- Counsels other Area directors and managers as to execution of
pricing programs, including alignment and impact on other
department goals with ultimately goal of making the best decisions
for the business.
- Directs and coordinates the implementation of emerging pricing
- Mentors pricing analyst talent to ensure execution or key
initiatives and development of next generation talent within the
- Leads profitability improvement efforts including customer
profitability, route efficiency, and major contract reviews
including those that involve capital investment.
- Monitors and deciphers market conditions, pricing trends, and
the effectiveness of pricing actions for opportunity to improve
- Responsible for leading pricing improvement efforts for all
facets of the business, utilizing experience and relationships in
all lines of business.
- Manage maintenance of all pricing tools and ensure adherence to
pricing standards and approvals for new growth and retention
pricing in the Area.
- Develops revenue budget in a timely manner, forecasting
financial and human resource needs for future time periods.
Validates pricing assumptions to support revenue analysis and
budgeting process as required.III. Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThe
highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the
management of managerial employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of full-time employees, including:
- Indirect supervision of full-time employees.IV.
QualificationsThe requirements listed below are representative of
the qualifications necessary to perform the job.A. Demonstrated
- Leadership potential including ability to influence up, down,
and across the organization
- Proven track record of consistently delivering quarterly core
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive initiative to drive price growth opportunities in the
- Demonstrated ability of hiring and developing talented
individuals both within pricing and/or throughout the AreaB.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelors Degree (accredited) in Finance, Business
Administration or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED and
4 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of relevant work experience in Pricing
or Revenue Management including at least three years managing team
of two of more individuals (in addition to education
requirement).C. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other
- None required.D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- May require understanding of the link between operations and
financial outcomes, and the ability to make sound business
decisions based on seasoned financial analysis.V. Work
EnvironmentListed below are key points regarding environmental
demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of the job.Normal setting for this job is:
office settingBenefitsAt Waste Management, each eligible employee
receives a competitive total compensation package including
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability.
As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more!
Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal
Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.Waste Management
(WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of
comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We
are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence,
professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million
customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal
markets throughout North America through a network of collection
operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and
waste-based energy production projects.If this sounds like the
opportunity that you have been looking for, please click
Keywords: WASTE MANAGEMENT, Franklin , Area Pricing Director, Executive , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!