CLINICAL COORDINATOR - Ortho
Company: Williamson Medical Center
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Williamson Medical Center is hiring a Clinical Coordinator in
Franklin, TN. This is a full time position on day shift. This
position is eligible for an excellent benefit package offering
medical, dental, vision, paid time off, generous retirement match,
flexible spending accounts, voluntary life, short-term disability
and long-term disability, discounted membership to Williamson
County Recreation Centers and more!At Williamson Medical Center,
our employees are more than just another number. To us, they're
family. They're smart, talented, compassionate, dedicated, and an
overall joy to be around. We're certainly blessed to have the best
of the best working here from the cafeteria to the operating
room.But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to
grow, so must we. That's why we want YOU to join our family!
To coordinate, implement, and plan nursing care in a timely and
To provide optimum care meeting individual physical, psychosocial,
and educational needs of patients and families.
We exist as a part of the Williamson Medical Center team to provide
timely, informed care with consistency and continuity in an
atmosphere that supports each other and demonstrates concern and
respect for the patient, their significant other, the medical staff
and co-workers from other departments. To assess and maintain a
unit-specific competency through the organization and coordination
of orientation, competency review and new education.Position
Formal Education / Training:
1. Licensed by the State of Tennessee.
2. Earned a nursing diploma or degree from a college or
3. ACLS certification or agree to obtain within 6 months of
4. A minimum of three years med/surg experience.
5. Demonstrated leadership potential and positive communication
6. BLS within 90 days of hire.Workplace Experience:
Patient Care DeliveryEquipment and Skills Training:
Standard patient care equipment for services provided. The ability
to work well under pressure, to function dependently and
independently and to be flexible in applying basic nursing
knowledge to a variety of setting. Equipment: Network Computer
System, Pneumatic Tube System, Epidural Catheter Pumps, Omnicell
Medication System; Telemetry; Safe Patient Handling Equipment; IV
Pumps; PCA Pumps; AT&T Language line.Physical Environment:
A medical/surgical unit with patient population ranging from less
than one year of age> ninety-nine years of age.Physical
1. Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
2. Able to stand/work for up to twelve hours a day.
3. Able to lift with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients within the
appropriate time of admission utilizing skills of observation,
communication and examination; including data obtained from
patient, family and other members of the healthcare team.
2. Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge needs
as appropriate for patient population.
3. Functions independently with treatments, procedures and
equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy,
procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend
administers medications/solutions safely and in accordance with
hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
5. Reassesses patient's condition, evaluate patient response and
modify plan of care accordingly and in a timely manner.
6. Maintains position specific qualifications.
7. Assists in quality improvement. Collects data and assures
completeness/compliance of documentation through observation and
chart reviews. Assists in planning and implementation of process
8. Functions as liaison to support clinical care, promote patient
safety and ensure quality patient care through clinical rounding,
responding to assistance needed for relief of staff and assisting
physicians as requested.
9. Facilitates staff development, assists with the orientation and
training of new personnel, and participates in the development and
instruction for annual competency and ongoing educational programs
10. Maintains open & effective communication with director to
promote & maintain optimal patient safety & maximize operational
11. Participates in unit and interdepartmental committees and keeps
nursing unit advised of changes and improvements.
12. Assists in the development and monitoring of patient care and
pathways relative to the care of patients in your scope of
13. Provides feedback for employee evaluations. Support a positive
and equitable teamwork environment.
14. Assist with other duties such as payroll, scheduling, and
special projects as assigned.Williamson Medical Center is an
equal-opportunity employer and a drug-free
Location: Williamson Medical Center - WMC 4TH FLR NURSING
Schedule: Full Time, Days, 8-4:30
Keywords: Williamson Medical Center, Franklin , CLINICAL COORDINATOR - Ortho, Healthcare , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!