Certified Surgical First Assistant PRN
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Franklin Surgery Center performs a broad range of outpatient
surgical procedures. Our mission is to care for every patient and
their family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family,
each and every time.-- We are searching for an experienced
Certified Surgical First Assist to work PRN.----Position
Overview:--A surgical first assistant plays a vital role in a
successful surgical procedure. They are primarily in charge of
assisting surgeons, such as by arranging and handing over tools,
holding open incisions, and dressing surgical wounds.--Essential
Job Duties and Responsibilities:--
- Cauterizing wounds and vessels
- Packing sponges in body
- Positioning patient to maintain circulation and access for
- Placing clamps and sutures
- Closing skin with adhesives, sutures or staples etc.
- Applying direct pressure on veins and tissue
- Performing or aiding in patient suction, drainage and
- Hemostasis: The stopping of excess bleeding and blood flow
- Immobilizing patients on the operating table
- Possess a working knowledge of operating room procedures with
respect to attire, infection control, sterile technique,
maintaining integrity of the sterile field and draping the surgical
patient within the surgeon's guidelines.
- Provide operating room support to physicians and surgeons,
including assisting surgeons during procedures and passing require
instruments during surgery.
- Comply with all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staff, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Complies with Policies & Procedures and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
team.--Who We AreAt USPI, we create relationships that create
better care. We partner with physicians and health care systems to
provide first class ambulatory solutions throughout the United
States. We are committed to providing surgical services in the most
efficient and clinically excellent manner.USPI is committed to, and
proud of our inclusive culture. An inclusive culture, in our view,
is respectful of differences and nurtures and supports the
contributions of each individual, while also embracing and
leveraging diversity. A diverse workforce, combined with an
inclusive culture, makes USPI stronger and better able to meet the
needs of our diverse patient and physician population.For more
information about USPI, check out our website, Facebook, Twitter,
or LinkedIn.--#USP-123##LI-JB2Required Skills:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Completion of a Surgical Technician Program.
- NBSTSA Surgical First Assistant Certification required.
- Two years of Certified Surgical First Assistant experience in
multiple specialties or an equivalent combination of education and
experience is required.
- Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
in standardized situations. Other skills and abilities: General
familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and
surgical procedures in an operating room.--USPI complies with
federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination
of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be
vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show
proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or
medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an
exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to
submit to regular testing in accordance with the law.Employment
practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or
employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any
other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Franklin , Certified Surgical First Assistant PRN, Healthcare , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...