In-Room Dining Server (IRD)
Company: Chartwell Hospitality
Posted on: September 12, 2018
Hilton Franklin Cool SpringsEssential Job Functions:
- Set up Room Service trays/tables, in anticipation of guest calls, per standards of service
- Retrieve check from order taker, set up table and pick up order from kitchen or bar, ensuring order is complete, to include any condiments, silverware, beverages, etc.
- Deliver order within 5 minutes of time promised
- Upon delivery to guest room, actively greet guest immediately with a friendly, enthusiastic, welcome and smile, using the guest's name during greeting and using standards of service
- Offer suggestion to tray/table placement, maintaining appropriate conversation during set-up and delivery
- Review order as preparing table set up and removes food cover with the guest's permission
- Offer to pour beverage
- Provide written or verbal instruction for the table/tray removal
- After set up, present check and obtain payment
- Inquire as to any other ways to be of service and offer warm and sincere closing
- Handle and resolve any additional guest requests or issues
- Deliver payment/signed check to order take for closing
- Prepare and deliver guest room amenities, i.e. fruit baskets, upon request, as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests; please refer to Section 7.0 in the Associate Handbook for specific examples. Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate, verbally, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests
- Must have basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving. Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Food handling certificate
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to handle cash/credit transactions.
- Ability to focus on details
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to carry trays up to 30 lbs. on a continuous basis throughout the shift; ability to push wheeled carts to deliver room service orders to guests.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers Physical requirements of the position and work environment:
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear, talk, smell
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 5 hours and a total of 7 hours in an 8 hour shift.
- Majority of duties performed indoors. Noise level moderate
Keywords: Chartwell Hospitality, Franklin , In-Room Dining Server (IRD), Hospitality & Tourism , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!