Company: Chartwell Hospitality
Posted on: September 13, 2018
Hilton Franklin Cool Springs Essential Job Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meet and greet guests as they arrive, offer choice of seating, then escort them to their table and present menu, maintaining standards of service
- Read, maintain and make daily entries in the log book to coordinate communication between shifts and management
- Maintain proper set-up of dining room
- Receive records and make any necessary arrangements for reservations and special functions in the restaurant
- Close out guest checks as needed, using a POS system
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- The employee may be expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description
- Maintain a safe work environment for co-workers and a safe hotel for guests; please refer to Section 7.0 in the Associate Handbook for specific examples. Qualifications, Job knowledge, Experience, Skills, Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate, verbally, effectively with guests and co-workers; respond to guest requests
- Ability to comprehend guest requests, memos, reservations, promotional materials, event orders and similar written materials.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparations, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of service of various alcoholic beverages.
- Basic knowledge of the appropriate table settings and service-ware.
- Ability to comprehend and apply written product labeling instructions to enable the safe application of products and processes within the hotel.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to move throughout a crowded room to seat guests.
- Ability to effectively deal with customer complaints and concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to handle cash/credit transactions. Ability to solve basic mathematical problems, with use of computer/calculator
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, transport up to 30 lbs. through a crowded room.
- Ability to operate beverage equipment, e.g., coffee maker
- Maintains professionalism at all times, demonstrating courtesy and respect to guests and co-workers Physical requirements of the position and work environment:
- Must be able to walk, climb stairs
- Must be able to bend, stoop, crouch
- Must use hands to reach, grasp, handle, pull and push
- Must have good near and far vision
- Must be able to hear, talk, smell
- Must be able to lift & carry up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to stand and walk for up to 5 hours and a total of 7 hours in an 8 hour shift.
- Duties may be performed indoors or outdoors. Noise level moderate.
Keywords: Chartwell Hospitality, Franklin , Host/Hostess, Hospitality & Tourism , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!