Company: Acadia Healthcare
Posted on: November 17, 2021
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The Payroll Specialist is responsible for
processing bi-weekly payroll for facility employees as assigned.
Operates on a payroll shared services team providing multi-state
payroll processing for a fast-paced department. Supports facilities
as assigned and assists in bringing new facilities on board with
shared services processes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data for facility payroll
as assigned. Utilizes automated system to produce accurate and
- Produces supplemental payrolls and manual checks as
- Works with Human Resources on payroll/HR related issues.
- Assists in training new facilities in payroll process.
- Addresses employee pay and tax withholding questions.
- Collects and reviews all payroll information regarding
acquisitions; ensures that all applicable state and federal laws
are in place and make recommendations for changes as needed. Assist
the HRIS support team with mapping and setup of facility in the
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports and
reconciliations (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax
deductions, benefit deductions, W-2, 941, etc.).
- Supports facilities regarding balancing to the General Ledger
or running reports in UltiPro.
- Responds to government surveys regarding employee census
information that includes payroll information.
- Promptly escalates the appropriate issues to the director.
- Provides prompt, courteous and accurate customer support in
resolution of payroll transactions,
- Provides recommendations for changes to applicable processes or
tools as recognized from functioning in the role on a daily
- Maintains knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and
regulations effecting payroll functions.
- Assists in processing Garnishment orders.OTHER FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other duties as assigned.STANDARD EXPECTATIONS:
- Complies with organizational policies, procedures, performance
improvement initiatives and maintains organizational and industry
policies regarding confidentiality.
- Communicate clearly and effectively to person(s) receiving
services and their family members, guests and other members of the
health care team.
- Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships
with others and maintains them over time.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation
among team members.
- Maintains regular and predictable
- High school education required; Associates degree
- Payroll experience or a minimum of 1-3 years of job-related
experience; preferably in a payroll department with multi-site
- In-depth knowledge of payroll practices.
- Payroll systems experience; UltiPro a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of current applicable state and federal wage
and hour laws.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; especially
Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of office administration procedures with the ability
to operate most standard office equipment.
- Ability to work professionally with sensitive, proprietary data
& information while maintaining confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to
interact effectively and professionally with individuals at all
levels; both internal and external.
- Exercises sound judgment in responding to inquiries;
understands when to route inquiries to next level.
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills and superior
attention to detail.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
within inflexible time frames. Ability to adapt to frequent
- Capable of working within established policies, procedures and
practices prescribed by the organization.
- English sufficient to provide and receive
- PREFERRED: Certified Payroll Specialist CertifiedSUPERVISORY
REQUIREMENTS: This position is an Individual Contributor While this
job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the
requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or
remove duties from particular jobs when circumstances (e.g.
emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs or technological
Keywords: Acadia Healthcare, Franklin , Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!