Vice President, Software Engineering
Company: Relatient LLC
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Description: Relatient is a leading provider of integrated
messaging solutions for practices, hospitals and health care
systems. We take a patient-centered approach to engagement,
utilizing the power of real-time clinical data to deliver timely
messages between patients and their care providers.Named one of
2018 and 2019 Deloittes Technology Fast 500 and a 2019 Red Herring
Top 100 winner, Relatient is changing the way healthcare providers
engage with their patients.We are looking for a talented and
experienced Vice President of Software Engineering to lead the
company's development team to enhance existing systems and fulfill
future business needs. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer,
this critical role will provide thought leadership, influence and
hands on engagement to develop, direct and implement an effective
software engineering strategy for the Company, encompassing both
internal technical capabilities and external technology
partnerships. This leader will act as a technical advisor, subject
matter expert (SME) and mentor to the software development
associates across the business unit and enterprise, ensuring that
robust design tools and processes are effectively applied to meet
the expectations of our stakeholders and demands of their
- Work with the CTO and VP of Product to determine product
requirements and road maps, oversee the effort to build and deliver
products, as well as product enhancements in accordance with
requirements and technology road maps.
- Provide technical oversight and mentoring to the software
development team members across the business unit. Develop an
efficient Agile organizational structure for business growth and
change in support of the values and culture of the Company.
Maintain the appropriate quality of design, development and
documentation to create a learning organization of developers.
- Establish clear goals, performance objectives and development
plans that are aligned with the organization's vision, strategic
direction and core values. Maintain an assessment of technical
capabilities and gaps necessary to support strategy. Identify and
implement measures that drive the organization's vision, mission,
and technical direction
- Communicate with team leads clearly and consistently, to ensure
work is progressing on time and in line with business goals. Ensure
that projects initiated and seeking resources have well defined
requirements that provide clear linkage between customer needs and
product design specifications. Ensure transparent communication
with senior and executive management.. Requirements:
- 10+ years software development and engineering experience
leading teams in the development and maintenance of multiple
complex software products and successfully bringing software
products to market.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (preferred); will also
consider work experience as a substitute along with applicable
industry certifications pertinent to the role.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, sound judgement,
strong analytical skills, excellent written and verbal
- Ability to influence and manage expectations with senior
leadership and operate in a complex, multi-product development
- Proven ability to deliver robust technology solutions that meet
business objectives in a timely fashion and budget.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to evaluate current, new
and emerging technology on an ongoing basis.
- Agile team leadership experience with product delivery using
continuous, multi-level planning and incremental and iterative
development and deployment processes.
- Well-rounded and comprehensive knowledge of software
development including all aspects of the applications development
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with
ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification,
and influencing teams.
- Experience with developing, implementing, and evolving software
engineering processes such as Agile, and Scrum to meet the needs
and culture of the business.
- Must be able to interact and work with peers and leadership in
the various departments within the company assisting in achieving
all corporate goals and objectives. Very team oriented.
- Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate, and persuade,
a wide range of audiences.
- Experienced technology leader in rapid growth companies.
- Has a track record of great engineering management, and an
ability to coach, mentor and motivate engineers.
- Has a strong orientation towards product development driving
the development of applications and platforms from the users
- Makes decisions based on facts, asking the right questions and
weighing the pros & cons.
- Experience with scaled systems and understands data and system
integration; should also have a good understanding of security from
a data and process perspective.
- Knows his/her strengths and areas of development
- Possesses an ability to thrive in a production culture and push
the limits of an agile development process, while maintaining a
high performance cohesive team. About Relatient Founded in 2014,
our offices are located in historic Franklin and Cookeville, TN and
include a casual, dynamic work environment with a spirit of
innovation and growth. Our team consists of smart, driven, and
creative people who are motivated to impact the way in which
healthcare providers engage with their patients. Our platform takes
a patient-centered approach to engagement, utilizing the power of
real-time clinical data to deliver timely messages between patients
and their care providers. What We Offer
- Base salary plus incentives
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer HSA match contribution
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- 100% employer paid long-term disability insurance
- Generous PTO policy which includes 3 weeks paid time off plus
all 9 paid holidays
- Complimentary perks such as an annual employee awards banquet,
holiday parties, monthly lunches, bottomless snacks and coffee
- Casual culture with approachable leadership
Keywords: Relatient LLC, Franklin , Vice President, Software Engineering, IT / Software / Systems , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!