Machine Operator I 1
Company: A. O. smith
Posted on: May 16, 2020
APCOM Franklin, TN
The Machine Operator will initiate operations in accordance with
customer requirements and monitor performance to optimize
production processes. Machine Operator will be expected to learn
multiple positions to help support the department while others are
out and the cross training program.
* Determine sequence of operations by studying blueprints,
specifications, and work orders. Regulate machine by setting and
* Prepare machines for production by positioning and securing dies,
stops and guides.
* Observe operation of machine and verifies conformance of machined
work piece to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as
fixed gauges, calipers, and micrometers.
* Participate in continued education and training sessions as
* Utilize computer system to obtain necessary production
* Other duties as assigned
* Must be able to work from a production schedule.
* Must be able to use basic hand tools.
* Must be a self-starter and be capable of working
* Must be capable of maintaining the higher production rates
associated with automatic equipment while maintaining APCOM s
* Ability to understand and comply with all safety requirements
* Ability to follow work instructions for all operations in the
* Ability to lift 65 lbs. with or without assistance
High School Diploma or GED
Years of Experience
Minimum of 1 year related work experience
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and
arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
* The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places;
fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; risk of
electrical shock; and vibration.
* The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance,
and taste or smell.
* The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds
overhead and maneuver various parts weighting up to 50 lbs.
* Loud noises and limited exposure to dust and fumes.
* Use of wrenching, impacting, and/or vibrating tools (manual and
automatic) is required occasionally for extended periods of
Competitive base salary and comprehensive benefits plans which
include medical and dental insurance, company-sponsored life
insurance, retirement security savings plan, short- and long-term
disability programs and tuition assistance.
ADA Disclaimer (U.S. ONLY)
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken
to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this
position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have
been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All
reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on
a case-by-case basis..
A. O. Smith values employee excellence. In our employment
practices, we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion,
sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or other
legally protected status. We operate in a global environment and
will strive to create a workplace where men and women from diverse
backgrounds can thrive and achieve their fullest potential.
Keywords: A. O. smith, Franklin , Machine Operator I 1, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!