Company: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The purpose of this job is to serve guests enthusiastically,
suggestively selling menu items, serving both food and drink
products, ring up and collect payment for food and beverages sold
and ensuring that guests receive great service throughout their
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all guests receive 100% customer service.
- Greets guests, explains special of the day, explains menu using
concise and articulate language, and listens and responds to
- Suggestively sells appetizer, entrée and dessert menu items by
describing each item in an appetizing way.
- Delivers checks promptly to the line so that orders can be
prepared within the prescribed time.
- Picks up and delivers orders to the guests at the table within
the prescribed time limits, ensuring the accuracy of the order and
the compliance of the product with Jim N’ Nick’s standards.
- Returns to the table throughout the guests visit to ask if
guests are satisfied, check for refills, suggestively sells
additional items and clear items from the table, and delivers the
- Performs service duties for other servers in the dining room by
picking up their orders when ready in the kitchen and delivering
them and providing assistance to other tables when necessary.
- Communicates with guests demonstrating confidence and
encourages them to feel unique and special.
- Performs duties that require organization, speed, efficiency
and bending and lifting.
- Handles multiple priorities, works under stress and exercises
good judgment when dealing with guest situations and
- Maintains cleanliness throughout restaurant and performs weekly
- Always be on time for scheduled shifts.
- Performs the function of host whenever possible.
- Capable of answering phones and placing to-go orders.
- Handle all phone calls that come into the restaurant with a
- Comply with the mission of Jim N’ Nick’s and be a Goodwill
Ambassador at all times by practicing regular guest
- Do what you can to help ensure an efficient, smooth flowing
Factors Important for Successful Performance in this
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be
able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- A professional appearance and professional demeanor is
- Following established procedures in an efficient manner.
- Cooperating with other employees to meet the demands of the
Experience and Educational Requirements
A high school diploma is desired, but not required. Experience with
general kitchen techniques and equipment is required.
Physical Requirements (Reasonable Accommodations may be
Performs duties that require bending, lifting, reaching and
turning. Transports items and containers (weighing up to 50
lbs) to and from stock and kitchen locations.
- Is able to stand up to eight hours or longer if needed.
Additional requirements include:
- Standing and walking 100 % of the time
- Lifting up to 50 pounds to shoulder level.
- Carrying up to 50 pounds for short distances
- Constant exposure to heat
- Bending and reaching from under the counter (5 inches above the
ground) to 6 feet above the ground with at least one arm
- Climbing ladders or step stools
- Dexterity required for handling food items and dishes
- Effective communication shill to deal with public
NOTE: The duties and responsibilities in
this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Other
duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed to meet the
ongoing needs of the organization.
Keywords: Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q, Franklin , Server, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!