Employment Law Paralegal
Company: Community Health System
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Community Health Systems, Inc. is one of the nation's leading
operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's
affiliates own, operate or lease 85 hospitals in 16 states with
approximately 15,000 licensed beds. Affiliated hospitals are
dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and
contribute to the economic development of their communities. Based
on the unique needs of each community served, these hospitals offer
a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services in
inpatient and outpatient settings.
CHSPSC, LLC seeks a Employment Law Paralegal for its Franklin,
TN, headquarters' In-House Legal team.
Summary: As an Employment Law Paralegal in the CHSPSC, LLC Legal
Department you will provide professional assistance to the Vice
President and his/her other employment counsel.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include, but are not
limited to the effective performance of the following and other
- Maintain the highest standards of quality and
- Be highly proficient with various IS systems such a Google,
Microsoft and various legal databases/resources
- Accurate and timely completion of various legal projects and
- Fact gathering and other work product under legal counsel
- Draft correspondences and legal documents
- Draft responses to federal, state and local government
- Docketing and case management, including filings, discovery,
databases, e-discovery and litigation holds
- Review and manage service of process and responses to
garnishments, subpoenas, and other legal notices
- Conduct legal research on various employment, labor and benefit
- Answers phone, maintains communications, calendar, and
organizes meetings and conference calls and general Legal
- General Legal Department duties such electronic legal bill
processing, typing, scanning/copying, filing and mail
The below requirements are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required for this paralegal position.
- Suitable dress and decorum and an excellent command of the
written and spoken English language are required for work.
- 5+ years of experience in employment/ labor law
- Electronic management skills Experience with e-filing as well
as electronic discovery
- Knowledge of legal terms and procedures
- Paralegal Certificate program or an associates or bachelor's
degree required, under an educational track for labor and
Ability to readily define issues and solutions, collect data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Be able to interpret an
extensive variety of instructions and deal with abstract and
concrete variables. Ability to work independently, have a positive
attitude, and results-oriented. Ability to be organized and
prioritize is vital because of time sensitive documents and
requests that are managed.
IT Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database
software, Google, MS Outlook, Excel, Westlaw/Lexis
- Visual capability and digital dexterity to operate a computer
and other standard office equipment..
- Digital dexterity to assemble, retrieve and replace files.
- Frequent repetitive motion; frequent writing; frequent
grasping, holding and reaching.
- Frequent hearing and talking, in person and on the phone.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
Keywords: Community Health System, Franklin , Employment Law Paralegal, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!