Williamson Medical Center is hiring a Respiratory Therapist in
Franklin, TN. This is a full-time position on
night shift. This position is eligible for an
excellent benefit package offering medical, dental, vision, paid
time off, generous retirement match, flexible spending
accounts, voluntary life, short-term disability and long-term
disability, discounted membership to Williamson County Recreation
Centers and more!
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just
another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented,
compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re
certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from
the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to
grow, so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
To perform cardiopulmonary and neurological diagnostic studies
and provide pulmonary therapeutic modalities for assigned
inpatients and outpatients at Williamson Medical Center.
Formal Education / Training:
1. Earned a Cardio Respiratory Care diploma or degree from a
college or university; RRT only.
2. Registered/Certified by the NBRC or 1 year of Respiratory
3. Tennessee State license with ABG endorsed.
4. NRP, PALS, ACLS certified within 6 months of hire.
5. BLS within 90 days of hire.
Patient Care Delivery
Equipment and Skills Training:
Network Computer System; Blood Gas Machine; Pulse Oximetry;
IPPB Machine; Adult, Pediatric, & Infant Ventilators; EKG
Machine; Holter Monitor; CPAP/BiPAP; PFT Machines; Bronchoscope;
Infant Intubation; Meditech OE System.
Office and all areas pertinent to Respiratory Therapy.
1. Communicates in English both verbally and in
2. Able to stand and walk for up to twelve hours a
3. Able to lift with assistance up to 250 lbs.
1.Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients
utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination;
including data from patient, family and other members of healthcare
2. Plans for the patient’s care on an individual basis,
identifying problems/needs, standards of care/practice,
interventions consistent with identified problems and attainable
3. Safely administers and documents medications and patient’s
response to medications according to established procedures as
evidenced by lack of errors or patterns. Reports abnormal
findings or critical values according to established
4. Reassess patient’s condition, evaluates response,
communicates as necessary to the care team, recommends alternate
interventions for respiratory care to Provider, documents
accurately and timely, and modifies plan of care accordingly.
5. Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge
needs as appropriate for the patient population, and delivers
education to patients and family as appropriate.
6. Functions independently with treatments, procedures and
equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy,
procedure and competency based assessment with no pattern or trend
7. Maintains healing and therapeutic environment for the
patient and family
8. Monitors and maintains equipment and supplies.
Verifies equipment is working properly and supply stock is
9. Initiate and maintain adjunct airways/Edited orders
documented with correct changes
10. Facilitates staff development – including assist with
orientation and training of respiratory personnel and accepts
charge responsibilities and assigns staff with consideration of
patient condition and care requirement.
11. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications
and departmental educational programs and in-services
12.. Maintains position specific qualifications
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and
a drug-free workplace.