At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just
another number. To us, they’re family. They’re smart, talented,
compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We’re
certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from
the cafeteria to the operating room.
But as Williamson County and surrounding areas continue to grow,
so must we. That’s why we want YOU to join our family!
Williamson Medical Center is an equal-opportunity employer and a
The Ambassador position is responsible for taking, entering and
delivering meals to patients and guests per facility policy. The
Ambassador is responsible for entering data into the Electronic
Diet Office and documenting the time and location of tray
deliveries. The position includes picking up trays from the room
when meal complete. The Ambassador is the key personal contact
person between the Nutritional Services Department and the patient,
and is expected to follow scripting protocols as instructed.
Schedules will fluctuate depending on the department needs.
Formal Education / Training:
High school education, GED or Equivalent Work Experience.
Must have the ability to understand and follow basic verbal
communications and \ or written instructions in English
Hospital food service preferred. Customer Service.
Equipment and Skills Training:
Computer, telephone, steam table and food processors.
Kitchen, trayline serving area, office, and patient floors and
Prolonged standing, stooping, able to lift up to 35#. Able to
withstand extreme temperatures. Able to comprehend written and oral
communication. Able to communicate fluently and effectively. This
position works long shifts, must be able to withstand standing,
walking for up to 12 hour shifts.
Able to keep up in a fast paced environment.
1. Follows task list for the schedule assigned and follows the
Process Manual for procedures
Understand and support the policy of working various shifts
and days as needed according to the schedule and Assist and train
in other areas as needed.
3. Participate in assuring trays are delivered within 45
minutes of order.
4. Recognize diets accurately for every patient.
5. Communicate patient need to dietitian and staff to ensure
appropriateness for each diet.
6. Communicate to Nursing as indicated per patient
7. Able to make thoughtful decisions regarding patient needs
8. Press Ganey Courtesy of Person Serving Food Question at 86
9. Maintain sanitary and orderly workstation throughout
10. Carry out assignments as directed by Supervisor and Team
Leader in a positive cooperative manner.
11 Complies with departmental and hospital policies and safety
12. Attends department and area meetings as scheduled.