Auto Liability Claim Representative
Company: Travelers Group
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for handling Personal and Business
Insurance Auto Bodily Injury claims from the first notice of loss
through resolution/settlement and payment process. This may include
interpreting and applying laws and statutes for multiple state
jurisdictions. Claim types include moderate complexity Bodily
Injury claims. Provides quality claim handling throughout the claim
life cycle (customer contacts, coverage, investigation, evaluation,
reserving, negotiation and resolution) including maintaining full
compliance with internal and external quality standards and state
specific regulations. As part of the hiring process, this position
requires the completion of an online pre-employment assessment.
Further information regarding the assessment including an
accommodation process, if needed, will be provided at such time as
your candidacy is deemed appropriate for further consideration.
Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is designed to
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Customer Contacts/Experience:
- Delivers consistent service quality throughout the claim life
cycle, including but not limited to prompt contact, explaining the
process, setting expectations, on-going communication,
follow-through and meeting commitments to achieve optimal outcome
on every file. Fulfills specific service commitments made to
certain accounts, as outlined in Special Account Communication
- Coverage Analysis :
- Reviews and analyzes coverage and applies policy conditions,
provisions, exclusions and endorsements for moderate complexity
Bodily Injury liability claims in assigned jurisdictions. Verifies
the benefits available, the injured party's eligibility and the
applicable limits. Addresses proper application of any deductibles,
co-insurance, coverage limits, etc. Confirms priority of coverage
(i.e. primary, secondary, concurrent) and takes into consideration
issues such as Social Security, Workers Compensation or others
relevant to the jurisdiction. Consults with Unit Manager on use of
Claim Coverage Counsel.
- Investigates each claim to obtain relevant facts necessary to
determine coverage, the extent of liability, damages, and
contribution potential with respect to the various coverages
provided through prompt contact with appropriate parties (e.g.
policyholders, accounts, claimants, law enforcement agencies,
witnesses, agents, medical providers and technical experts). This
may also include investigation of wage loss and essential services
claims. Verifies the nature and extent of injury or property damage
by obtaining and reviewing appropriate records and damages
documentation. Takes recorded statements as necessary. Utilizes
evaluation documentation tools in accordance with department
- Identifies resources for specific activities required to
properly investigate claims such as Subrogation, Risk Control,
nurse consultants, and fire or fraud investigators and to other
experts. Requests through Unit Manager and coordinate the results
of their efforts and findings.
- Recognizes cases based on severity protocols to be referred
timely to next level claim professional or Major Case Unit.
- Establishes timely and maintains appropriate claim and expense
reserves. Manages file inventory and expense reserves by utilizing
an effective diary system, documenting claim file activities in
accordance with established procedures to resolve claim in a timely
- Determines settlement amounts, negotiates and conveys claim
settlements within authority limits to claimants or their
representatives. Recognizes and implements alternate means of
resolution. As appropriate, writes denial letters, Reservation of
Rights and other necessary correspondence to claimants.
- Handles both unrepresented and attorney represented claims. May
manage litigated claims on appropriately assigned cases. Develops
litigation plan with staff or panel counsel, track and control
legal expenses. May attend depositions, mediations, arbitrations,
pre-trials, trials and all other legal proceedings, as needed.
- Insurance License:
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job,
acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required
to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally,
license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job
and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- High School Degree or GED with a minimum of one year bodily
injury liability claim handling experience or successful completion
of Travelers Claim Representative training program is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 2 years bodily injury liability claim handling experience
- General knowledge and skill in claims handling and
- Basic working level knowledge and skill in various business
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response
to all assigned tasks
- Demonstrated good organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize and work independently
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy
- Keyboard skills and Windows proficiency, including Excel and
- - Intermediate
- Verbal and written communication skills - Intermediate
- Analytical Thinking- Intermediate
- Judgment/Decision Making- Intermediate
- Negotiation- Intermediate
- Insurance Contract Knowledge- Intermediate
- Principles of Investigation- Intermediate
- Value Determination- Intermediate
- Settlement Techniques- Intermediate
- Medical Knowledge- Intermediate
Environmental / Work Schedules / Other
- Travel Requirements: Travel Occasionally
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the
physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we
may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above
or below the level included in this posting.
To learn more about our comprehensive benefit programs please visit
Careers at Travelers
When you work at Travelers, life's most important moments become
your life's work. That means helping families feel secure,
businesses to prosper, knowing that you've made a difference, and
feeling like you belong to something bigger. It also means being
part of a team comprised of 30,000 + talented and passionate people
that are evolving to meet changing needs - from customer service to
data science and beyond. If that's more than you imagined in an
insurance career, it's time to join us at Travelers.
Keywords: Travelers Group, Franklin , Auto Liability Claim Representative, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!