Registration Clerk - PRN
Company: Williamson Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
At Williamson Medical Center, our employees are more than just
another number. To us, they're family. They're smart, talented,
compassionate, dedicated, and an overall joy to be around. We're
certainly blessed to have the best of the best working here from
the cafeteria to the operating room.But as Williamson County and
surrounding areas continue to grow, so must we. That's why we want
YOU to join our family!Job Summary
To obtain accurate demographic and financial data for medical
record documentation, billing and collections. Perform order entry
for medical imaging procedures in addition to scanning physician
orders into PACS. Welcome all visitors with courtesy and
professionalism. Promote teamwork by working efficiently to reduce
patient wait times from registration to point of service.Position
Formal Education / Training:
High school diploma or equivalentWorkplace Experience:
1 year of clerical office experienceEquipment and Skills
Ability to use telephone, Meditech computer system, Passport
insurance verification system, Valco scanning software, Label and
Armband printer, Copier, Healthstream On-line Education system,
PACS and CD Software.Physical Environment:
Office in all areas pertinent to positionPhysical Effort:
Able to communicate in English verbally and legibly.
Efficient oral and written communication.
Prolonged sitting, standing, bending, walking.
Consistent keyboard and terminal usage.
The ability to work well under pressure, to function dependently
Ability to push wheelchairs up to 250 lbs with assistance.Key
1. Enters complete and accurate patient information in the Meditech
computer system and uses QA as a measurement tool to maintain a 95%
accuracy registration rate.
2. Selects correct patient from Master Patient index to ensure
patient identification safety and places correct armband on all
3. Obtains patient signatures on medical and financial document
(s). Scans all documents required into the computer system.
4. Focuses on patient volume to minimize registration wait
5. Manages time efficiently.
6. Verifies insurance coverage for Workers Compensation upon
7. Recognizes need for change in daily routine; willingly to alter
lunch/break schedule to accommodate patients.
8. Reports concerns to supervisor or director requiring
9. Call physician offices for corrections or revisions to orders as
appropriate, while being friendly and courteous to office
10. Seeks and performs other related duties assigned by Admitting
supervisor or director.
11. Efficiency- Consistently maintains production level in
comparison with peer group. Equal distribution of work-load.
12. Collect payment of co-pay/self-pay portions when
13. Demonstrates the use of mox mail for communication and
feedback. Reads moxes in a timely manner.
14. Participates and recommends improvement opportunities.
15. Completes assignment before leaving and is willing to stay over
when workload dictates.
16. Attendance- Maintains minimal unscheduled absences as per WMC
attendance policy. Gives proper notice when requesting
Location: Williamson Medical Center - WMC RAD SUPPORT
Schedule: PRN, Varies, Varies
Keywords: Williamson Medical Center, Franklin , Registration Clerk - PRN, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!