Auto Adverse Subrogation Claim Representative- New Hire Bonus
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Who Are We?Taking care of our customers, our communities and
each other. Thats the Travelers Promise. By honoring this
commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best
property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join
us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives
on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do
it.Job CategoryClaimCompensation OverviewThe annual base salary
range provided for this position is a nationwide market range and
represents a broad range of salaries for this role across the
country. The actual salary for this position will be determined by
a number of factors, including the scope, complexity and location
of the role; the skills, education, training, credentials and
experience of the candidate; and other conditions of employment. As
part of our comprehensive compensation and benefits program,
employees are also eligible for performance-based cash incentive
awards.Salary Range$55,800.00 - $92,100.00Target Openings3What Is
the Opportunity?New Things on the Horizon! Potential for a $5,000
sign-on bonus!This position reviews and responds to demands for
damages from other carriers' subrogation pursuits, municipalities
and/or other third party requests. This position is also
responsible for the validation and remediation of the front line
coverage determination, investigation, and auto damage liability
(negligence) assessment as well as reviewing and adjusting damages
related to third party property damage claims. This includes
interpreting and applying laws and statues for multiple state
jurisdictions. This job is responsible for responding to any
arbitration demands in an appropriate and timely manner and will
engage in negotiations as appropriate with the other party to
resolve claims yielding an optimal outcome. This job serves as a
resource to customers to provide policy guidance empowering them to
make informed decisions prior to initiating the claim process. The
position provides support to other parts of Auto Line of Business
when needed.Travelers offers a hybrid work location model that is
designed to support flexibility. #LI-HybridWhat Will You Do?
- Analyze and apply policy conditions, provisions, exclusions and
endorsements pertinent to various auto damage claims, recognizing
- Verify and evaluate liability and damages within jurisdictional
regulations, reviewing appropriate records and documentation and
conducting next tier investigation if necessary.
- Establish indemnity and expense incurreds timely and update
throughout the claim as appropriate, ultimately leading to the
appropriate payment on each claim using approved tools and
- Develop and continually update a plan of action, documenting
claim file activities in a clear and concise manner to bring claim
to a timely resolution, managing file inventory through maintenance
of an effective diary system.
- Provide Pre-Claim Consultation services to policyholders by
responding to questions relating to a particular claim scenario,
reviewing/assessing damages and liability, and providing accurate
coverage guidance that educates the customer with information to
assist them in the decision to start the claim process.
- Complete First Notice of Loss as needed; resolve or transfer
- Negotiate adverse subrogation recoveries with carriers, other
responsible party(s), and other legal representatives or attorneys
on liability and/or damages, including but not limited to : labor
rate, replacement labor times, repair labor, alternative parts
usage, customary or special discounts, betterment, paint
allowances, material costs, sublet repairs, total loss actual cash
value evaluations, maximization of salvage recovery, rental,
mitigation and control of charges and expenses, appropriateness of
titling decisions, taxes and fees, deductible application,
calculation errors and incidental expenses.
- Prepare and document accurate vehicle/equipment damage
appraisals according to applicable regulatory and company
guidelines, and electronically audit vehicle estimates utilizing
technical expertise and information gathered to accurately
determine physical damage claim value using company recognized
resources, estimating and evaluation software received directly
from shops or from other carriers.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal claim partners to
determine the most appropriate outcome, providing new facts as they
become available and an analysis of their impact on the liability
and settlement options.
- Professionally communicate and provide exceptional service to
other carriers and internal customers appropriately considering
information that may be personal and/or confidential and fulfilling
Special Account Considerations instructions.
- Achieve and maintain appropriate technical expertise,
certifications and regulatory required licenses through successful
completion of company and industry classes and training to ensure
compliance with all insurance department regulations and applicable
- Provide operational intelligence to Travelers business partners
through accurate data reporting.
- Develop and deliver training sessions on technical areas or
frequently asked questions as requested.
- Support other parts of auto Line of Business such as Auto Blend
or Appraisal Estimate Review when needed.
- Occasional overnight travel for training as needed.
- In order to perform the essential functions of this job,
acquisition and maintenance of Insurance License(s) may be required
to comply with state and Travelers requirements. Generally,
license(s) must be obtained within three months of starting the job
and obtain ongoing continuing education credits as mandated.
- Perform other duties as assigned.What Will Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelors degree with 2 years auto claim handling experience
- Working knowledge in auto damage liability (negligence
assessment) and/or auto appraisal is preferred.
- Experience handling Arbitration Claims preferred.
- Keyboard skills and Windows proficiency, including Excel and
Word - Intermediate
- Knowledge of claims appraisal systems and overall claim
operations, Windows proficiency, including Excel and Word.
- Strong mathematical and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated ownership attitude and customer centric response
to all assigned tasks.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail ensuring accuracy.
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced environment
managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to remain current on jurisdictional laws and
regulations, and communicating compliance requirements to other
claim staff as appropriate.
- Competency Levels:
- Analytical Thinking: Intermediate.
- Judgment/Decision Making: Intermediate.
- Communication: Intermediate.
- Negotiation: Intermediate.
- Insurance Contract Knowledge: Intermediate.
- Principles of Investigation: Intermediate.
- Value Determination: Basic.
- Settlement Techniques: Basic.
- Auto Technical: BasicWhat is a Must Have?
- High School degree or GED with a minimum of one year auto claim
handling experience or successful completion of Travelers Claim
Representative training program required.What Is in It for You?
- Health Insurance: Employees and their eligible family members
including spouses, domestic partners, and children are eligible for
coverage from the first day of employment.
- Retirement: Travelers matches your 401(k) contributions
dollar-for-dollar up to your first 5% of eligible pay, subject to
an annual maximum. If you have student loan debt, you can enroll in
the Paying it Forward Savings Program. When you make a payment
toward your student loan, Travelers will make an annual
contribution into your 401(k) account. You are also eligible for a
Pension Plan that is 100% funded by Travelers.
- Paid Time Off: Start your career at Travelers with a minimum of
20 days Paid Time Off annually, plus nine paid company
- Wellness Program: The Travelers wellness program is comprised
of tools and resources that empower you to achieve your wellness
goals. In addition, our Life Balance program provides access to
professional counseling services, life coaching and other resources
to support your daily life needs. Through Life Balance, youre
eligible for five free counseling sessions with a licensed
- Volunteer Encouragement: We have a deep commitment to the
communities we serve and encourage our employees to get involved.
Travelers has a Matching Gift and Volunteer Rewards program that
enables you to give back to the charity of your choice.Employment
PracticesTravelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the
unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our
organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from
our differences.If you are a candidate and have specific questions
regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an
email (4-ESU@travelers.com) so we may assist you.Travelers reserves
the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level
included in this posting.To learn more about our comprehensive
benefit programs please visit
Keywords: Travelers, Franklin , Auto Adverse Subrogation Claim Representative- New Hire Bonus, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!