Merchandise Replenishment Team Member
Company: Jo-Ann Fabrics
Posted on: November 24, 2022
The Team Member's responsibility first and foremost is to deliver a
premium customer experience by inspiring creativity within our
customers and making JOANN their happy place! All Team Members
drive sales through advanced product knowledge, innovative
merchandising, and cutting counter accuracy. The Team Member's role
is to create an exceptional in-store experience and provide
excellent customer service by interacting and engaging with
customers. The Team Member will also embody characteristics and
perform the duties of Hearts, Hands, Minds, and Inspire.
Responsibilities & Competencies
* Greets every JOANN customer and uses the F.A.S.T. service model
to meet the customer's needs.
* Asks open-ended questions to learn about customers' project needs
and escorts them to the desired product's location.
* Engages in friendly conversation with customers about their
projects while serving them at the cutting counter, cash register,
and sales floor.
* Processes customer transactions at the cutting counter and cash
register in an efficient and friendly manner with professionalism
* Lift boxes from the truck and receiving area, place, and arrange
items on shelves and racks. Required to enter and exit truck beds
to remove freight. Unloads freight from the truck and sorts it
according to company procedures. Move product from delivering truck
to sales floor as needed.
* Stocks shelves accurately according to planogram while
maintaining a high level of productivity and close attention to
* Maintains high standards throughout the sales floor by cleaning
and recovering shelves, putting away returns, and cleaning up any
spills/messes with a sense of urgency.
* Invites customers to participate in store activities such as
Education Classes, Custom Framing, and any other events.
* Proactively drives sales through product knowledge, suggestive
selling, innovative merchandising and building strong customer
relationships to the JOANN brand.
* Works to minimize shrink in the store by following proper
policies and procedures including, but not limited to, cutting
counter accuracy, remnants, damages, and inventory management.
* Assists other Team Members with tasks to ensure that the team
exceeds expectations set by Store Management.
* Works with Store Management and other Team Members on projects in
a friendly and professional manner.
* Assists with training new Team Members on running the register,
cutting fabric, stocking shelves, and customer service.
* Ability to work with customers and team members
* Ability to maintain a safe work environment
* Ability to interact collaboratively with others
* Ability to get work accomplished through others
* Ability to communicate effectively in a group environment
* Ability to work a varied schedule based on business needs
Applicable laws may place restrictions on a Team Members ability to
perform certain work duties listed in this job description. Please
contact your manager if you have any questions regarding the
limitations on the duties you can perform.
* Stand during an entire shift (other than normal break time).
* Continuously walk around all areas of the store throughout
* Read written instructions, reports, and other information on
paper and computer screens.
* Orally communicate with customers and other team members on
consistent basis throughout their shift.
* Input data on computer keyboard and handheld units.
* Use 2-way radios (hear incoming messages and provide verbal
* Push/pull merchandise with appropriate equipment (carts, bins,
etc.) to and from backroom and sales floor.
* Lift, place, and arrange items on shelves and racks.
* Bend down and reach above head.
* Climb and descend ladder.
* Individually lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, and group lift +50
pounds up to -97 pounds (lifting 2lbs on a constant basis, 10lbs on
a frequent basis).
Part-time status requires availability that meets the needs of the
store. Part-time Team Members are generally scheduled to work less
than an average of 28 hours per week in a measurement period, as
defined by JOANN and are not guaranteed any particular number of
hours per week. Open availability is defined as the ability to work
any and all hours required without restrictions as to the time of
day or day of week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings,
weekends, overnight shifts, and holidays. Hours are scheduled
according to needs of the store and the team member's availability.
Relocation may be required for career progression.
Full-time status requires open availability and ability to work at
least an average of 36 hours per week over the course of a year.
Open availability is defined as the ability to work any and all
hours required without restrictions as to the time of day or day of
week, including, but not limited to, days, evenings, weekends,
overnight shifts, and holidays. Team Members meeting these
requirements are eligible for benefits within the Company's
full-time benefits program. Hours are scheduled according to needs
of the store and the team member's availability. Relocation may be
required for career progression.
Minimum - No experience required
Preferred - 1-3 years previous experience in a customer centric
This position will be located at:
2000 Mallory Ln Ste 270 Franklin, TN 37067-4825
JOANN is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary
is intended to be brief and does not list all duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. JOANN is an at-will
employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by
JOANN or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the
at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by
both you and and authorized representative of JOANN.
Keywords: Jo-Ann Fabrics, Franklin , Merchandise Replenishment Team Member, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!