Team Member, Petsense
Company: Tractor Supply Company
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Overall Job Summary
This position is responsible for interacting with customers and
team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing
assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Min 5%)
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible,
adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all
of the the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied
hours, days, nights, weekends and overtime as dictated by business
- Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (TEAM):
- Thank the Customer
- Engage with the customer and/or pet
- Advise products or services
- Make it Memorable
- Team Members are required to perform a combination of the
following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix
may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model
makes it essential that every Team Member be able to perform all of
the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a
regular basis and without advance notice:
- Operate cash register/computer following cash handling
procedures as established by Tractor Supply/Petsense Company
- Recovery of merchandise
- Participate in mandatory freight process
- Complete Plan-o-gram procedures (merchandising, sets, and
- Assemble merchandise
- Perform janitorial duties
- Execute price changes/markdowns
- Assist customers with loading purchases
- Ensure the safety and well-being of live animals. Sanitize and
maintain holding tanks and care for live animals as required
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as
Experience: No experience required. Retail experience and/or
pet/live animal knowledge is strongly preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but
not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be
able to read, write and count accurately.
Preferred knowledge, skills or abilities
- Pet/Live Animal, pet food, pet product knowledge is strongly
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
- Indoor floors and outdoor lots generally are hard surfaces
(concrete, asphalt, etc.) lighting and temperature are
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are
no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for Team Members
and customers and adhere to Company safety training and
- This position is non-sedentary.
- It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental
stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas
quickly and safely.
- It is essential to operate all equipment related to their job
duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide
the highest level of customer service.
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the
- Ability to move and transfer live animals, equipment, and
merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training and
- Lifting 50+ pounds
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
ALREADY A TEAM MEMBER?
You must apply or refer a friend through our internal portal
Our Mission and Values are more than just words on the wall -
they're the one constant in an ever-changing environment and the
bedrock on which we build our culture. They're the core of who we
are and the foundation of every decision we make. It's not just
what we do that sets us apart, but how we do it.
We believe in managing your time for business and personal success,
which is why we empower our Team Members to lead balanced lives
through our benefits total rewards offerings. fot full-time and
eligible part-time TSC and Petsense Team Members. We care about
what you care about!
A lot of care goes into providing legendary service at Tractor
Supply Company, which is why our Team Members are our top priority.
Want a career with a clear path for growth? Your Opportunity is Out
Here at Tractor Supply and Petsense.
Join Our Talent Community
Keywords: Tractor Supply Company, Franklin , Team Member, Petsense, Other , Columbia, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!