Property Adjuster - Inside
Company: Crawford & Company
Posted on: June 13, 2019
Excellence In Everything We Touch
Position SummaryUnder general supervision and direction, resolves
moderately complex residential and commercial property claims by
investigating losses, interpreting coverages, negotiating
settlements, presenting evidence in legal proceedings while
maintaining adequate production levels.Responsibilities
- Examines claims forms, policies and endorsements, client
instructions and other records to determine coverages.
- Investigates claims by interviewing insured, claimants and
witnesses, requesting and obtaining official reports, by requesting
and obtaining physical damage inspection reports, and by comparing
claim information with evidence.
- Sets loss reserves.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information
required by client, local, state and federal government and by
- Settles claims by determining clients coverages, liability,
client's instructions and authority levels required by obtaining
demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement checks,
making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage,
pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Controls claims costs
- Maintains company reputation and integrity of insurance
products by complying with federal and state regulations and
- Recommends litigation when appropriate.
- Presents evidence at legal proceedings, producing reports and
other documents as evidence.
- Maintains expected case load.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through
- Product supervision focuses primarily on product being
presented to clients.
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other
areas as requested.
- Maintain acceptable product quality through compliance with
service standards and compliance with internal quality control
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct. College degree or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- College degree or an equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum 6 months experience or completion of Crawford and
Company basic property class, and/or continuing education
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Solid time management skills and organizational
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to handle
challenging situations and people.
- Ability to handle challenging situations and people with tact
About UsPeople taking care of people. It's that simple. At Crawford
& Company, we treat our clients' policyholders like our own,
helping to restore and enhance lives, businesses and communities at
all points of the claims management process. Combining a legacy of
nearly 80 years of unmatched experience with global capabilities
and industry-leading technology, Crawford is at the forefront of
change, while also staying firmly rooted to our commitment to
putting people first.
We are guided by our collective value system: RESTORE.
At Crawford, we:
- Respect our culture of integrity and ethical behavior, while
embracing the unique talents of the individual and encouraging an
ownership mentality among everyone.
- Are Empowered to advance the company mission and take ownership
of our individual career progression.
- Promote Sustainability through a corporate culture in which
employees are good stewards of their communities.
- Emphasize Training and an environment where employees
continually seek and share knowledge and are engaged and satisfied
with their work.
- Are One Crawford, embracing a global mindset that's inclusive,
agile, mission-focused, and customer-focused.
- Give Recognition, participating in an environment where people
are rewarded for jobs well done.
- Embody an Entrepreneurial Spirit, sharing a passion to succeed,
innovate, and outpace our competitors.
We believe in leading by example - at work and in our communities.
We hail from more than 70 countries and speak dozens of languages,
reflecting the global fabric of the audience we serve. Though our
reach is vast, we proudly operate as One Crawford: united in
mission, vision and values. Learn more at
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and
internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health,
dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition
reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V Crawford & Company is not accepting
unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment
opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee
at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method
without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this
position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole
property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Keywords: Crawford & Company, Franklin , Property Adjuster - Inside, Other , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!