Dedicated GI Bill OJT Truck Driving Program- DUC Nashville T
Posted on: November 9, 2018
We are excited to announce that we are now an elite member and proud to offer the Post 9/11 GI Bill On-The-Job Training program for veterans and/or family members with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available.So whether you served our country several years ago or a few days ago, we believe every veteran deserves to work with a team that has your back- and a company that has your future. That's why we don't just take pride in our veterans- we take care of them.
If you're looking for a place to hang your hat, take a closer look at Averitt. Whatever branch you're coming from, whatever knowledge you bring to the table, we can't wait to put your experience to work, and your mind at ease.In fact we're committed to hiring twelve hundred or more veterans by the year 2020. Nearly 2,000 veterans are already at ease with us and we're always looking to grow that number.How the On-The-Job Training (OJT) program works:
Must have previously served in the U.S. military or a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please visit https://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=22-1990&tkey=&Action=Search or call 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
Everyone participating in this program will receive 5 weeks behind the wheel training, the remaining 47 weeks you will work with a mentor & leadership for follow-up training/ communication.
Eligible veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs, not Averitt, usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.Eligible to earn up to $1,140 per month tax free using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!Military Student Training Program:
- Must have a valid CDL-A with Post 9/11 GI benefits available.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 daysOR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- You will be paid $600/ week for the first 5-weeks of behind the wheel training.About this dedicated position:
- Making tailgate deliveries of Kabinart kitchen cabinetry to customers located throughout the Midwest, Southeast and East Coast regions.- Average $900- $1,000 per week
- Starting pay is .35 cpm (after 5 weeks of OJT training); increase to .37 cpm in 6 months; then top-out at .39 cpm in two years.
- Most freight cartons weigh 40 to 60 pounds, and there are possible backhaul pickups.
- Shipments per load can range from 6-14 customers.
- Routes may start on Sunday-Tuesday and you will be out for 3-5 nights.
- Average 1,800 miles per week
- You'll also earn $12.50 per stop pay (average 6 to 9 stops per run)- $62 unloading pay per run
- Plus, you'll enjoy being HOME EVERY WEEK (some mid-week and some weekends)Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as: $81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverageWith the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: AVERITT, Franklin , Dedicated GI Bill OJT Truck Driving Program- DUC Nashville T, Professions , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!