Facility Security Agent
Posted on: October 17, 2020
We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton
has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As
recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk
management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means
moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here
tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that
are currently available.
JOB SUMMARY: The Facility Security Agent will perform interior and
exterior inspections to protect the client's facilities, assets,
employees, visitors, and vendors.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job.
Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The
employee might not be required to perform all functions listed.
Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified,
according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the
essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to
the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance.
Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may
include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are
required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of
company policies and procedures related to job safety, including
safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify
superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an
honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in
conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the
event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and
procedures, employees are required to request clarification or
explanations from superiors or authorized company
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and
- Complete standard interior and exterior patrols including;
- Lock doors to critical interior areas when employees are not
- Inspect the perimeter of each facility and lock/secure all
exterior doors after employees have vacated the building and verify
functionality of card reader doors.
- Enforce any and all parking regulations.
- Observe, document and report any and all suspicious
- Close/secure gates and windows and verify exterior doors are
- Verify functionality of all exterior card readers.
- Complete access control tasks including;
- Provide or prohibit employee access to specific areas including
secure locations, based on access control light indicator.
- During shift change or breaks, monitor incoming employees at
entrances to ensure each person is badging in and prevent "piggy
- Respond to calls to allow employees access to buildings,
contact an authorized company representative must be contacted and
complete verification to ensure that the person is in fact an
employee and that they do have access to that facility.
- Oversee security equipment;
- Review CCTV system to ensure it is operational and provides the
best view of the incidents. Randomly throughout the shift, monitor
the CCTV cameras.
- Receive notifications via cellphone regarding employees,
customers or visitors that do not have a badge for access to the
building and verify that each person requesting access is
authorized to be in the building.
- Maintain presence and interactions;
- Answer security-related questions.
- Investigate suspicious activity; both inside and outside of the
- Be the point of contact for law enforcement, fire or medical
- Engage with visitors, employees and customers to maintain a
safe and secure environment. Deter problems and detect before
situations become dangerous.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference,
depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment
screening process, including drug testing, physical, and background
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have applicable state and local license/permits to carry a
High School Diploma or GED with law enforcement, military, and/or
- Wisconsin Private Security Permit and CCW.
- Law enforcement, military, and/or security experience.
- Customer service and results driven.
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Attentive to details and follow-through.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
- Serve as a positive team member.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and
mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In
addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and
reference checks, controlled substance testing, and behavioral
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives,
clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of
urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to
communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Exposure to stressful situations, such as challenging
individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Rapid and effective decision-making during unusual or emergency
- Work in environments and under conditions that may require
carrying authorized weapons and ammunition, the use of protective
gear and devices, and/or awareness of personal safety.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to
respond effectively to situations, communicate with employees and
clients, observe and report incidents and direct others.
- Frequent sitting and/or standing and walking, which may be
required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs
and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Some lifting and moving up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequent sitting.
- Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal
opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to
race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender,
gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal
status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion,
creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any
protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific
Keywords: Pinkerton, Franklin , Facility Security Agent, Sales , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!