AVP GA/TPA Sales- Group Benefits
Company: MetLife, Inc.
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Position: AVP GA/TPA Sales- Group Benefits
Job Location: Hybrid
Department: The Group Benefits organization is responsible for the
strategic direction, growth, and management of MetLife's industry
leading U.S. employee benefits business. Our sales force works
directly with customers or through brokers, and other third parties
to distribute our broad portfolio of products and services selling
solutions to employers and other eligible groups helping to make
MetLife the largest provider of group employee benefits in the
The Regional Director (RD) will be responsible for sales management
within an assigned region for MetLife's Group Benefits Sales
organization. They will be responsible for a portfolio of products
and to maintain a high level of product acumen as the portfolio
evolves and grows. They must maintain a strong in-market presence
and build a robust customer relationship with the broker/consultant
community. This local leader manages a sales team that distributes
MetLife products directly to employers (2-5,000 lives) and/or
through brokers and consultants. The overall objective of the RD is
to build and lead a highly productive local sales team that
increases both top and bottom-line growth of the business. This is
a National role .
Role and Responsibilities:
* Direct GA/TPA sales and growth initiatives for MetLife, working
closely with the sales team along with internal partners.
* Recruit, develop and lead a diverse results-oriented sales team,
setting objectives for each individual and helping him/her to
develop and execute on sales strategies to meet/exceed their
* Oversee pipeline management within his/her sales team to deliver
sales projections to senior leadership.
* Support and oversee negotiations with local product and
underwriting partners to achieve sales growth while meeting
persistency and margin expectations.
* Collaborate with other Regional Directors and partners (including
but not limited to product, service and underwriting) to coordinate
and support all applicable product, marketing, client service, etc.
* Serve as an effective leader ensuring that goals are aligned with
the rest of the organization, and ongoing training and development
initiatives become a key focus for the sales team.
* Own relationships and engagement with firm leadership at National
Level and partner closely with key internal sales partners to
eliminate barriers and drive local growth strategies
* Develop playbooks for top partner firms with actionable project
plans and deliverables to drive sales growth, persistency and
earnings within each relationship
* Establish and communicate financial plans for each partner firm
and provide ongoing monitoring and reporting
* National strategy development and local execution
* Develop and monitor block takeover opportunities
* Assess competitive landscape and plays to overtake targeted
* Conduct annual stewardship meetings with key partner firms
* AE Alignment is based on our top 15 key partner firms identified
as Growth Engines, Establish Partners or Emerging Firms
* GA SCP Design Recommendation as SME
* Reports to: Vice President
* Direct reports/team: Three Account Executives
* Key Stakeholders: RM and NA Sales Organization/Leadership,
Finance, HR, Account Executives, Service, Underwriting, and
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of successful sales experience within the Group
* Strong understanding of the [add region] Territory preferred.
* Proven success generating top and bottom-line growth.
* Demonstrated success in developing salespeople, fostering
innovation, and building a team.
* Proven ability to lead through change as a change champion.
* Strong background in sales management and or leadership within
respected competitors in the insurance industry where he/she
developed and executed a successful business strategy that led
* Must have a player-coach profile with demonstrated excellence in
managing and leading a successful sales group.
* Strong strategic thinking and general business acumen.
* An undergraduate degree is required.
* FINRA Series 6, and63 registrations along with appropriate state
licenses including Life, Accident & Health along with Property &
Casualty must be obtained (MetLife will support attainment of
* High standards of ethics, integrity, and trustworthiness.
* Articulate, excellent presentation and communication skills.
* Results oriented with the ability to overachieve business
objectives and develop local strategies.
* Highly collaborative with partners with proven ability to
influence change without a direct reporting relationship.
* Broad thinking business acumen, highly analytical, works well
with data and information to draw appropriate conclusions and make
* Strong management and human relations skills in a style that
exhibits maturity, leadership, sensitivity, and teamwork.
* The ability to work effectively locally, as well as in a large
- Think Strategically - Set direction aligned to the company's
strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local
and global needs.
* Create Partnerships - Authentically build trusted relationships
and collaborates across global, diverse, and multi-functional teams
to successfully drive business objectives.
* Seize Opportunity - Seek new opportunities and ways to create
balanced business growth while improving operational
* Grow Talent - Inclusively and pro-actively develop talent,
empower individuals, and manages diverse teams to drive engagement
* Focus on Customers - Broker focused and Broker centricity, ensure
focus on creating great customer and broker experiences.
* Drive Results - Set aggressive goals and is accountable for
continuously driving improved performance, leading change, and
ensuring high standards.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020,
we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
The role is eligible for incentive compensation under the sales
incentive plan for your position. MetLife offers a comprehensive
benefits program, including healthcare benefits, life insurance,
retirement benefits, parental leave, legal plan services and paid
time off. All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Keywords: MetLife, Inc., Franklin , AVP GA/TPA Sales- Group Benefits, Sales , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!