Community Service Counselor (Sales)
Company: Park Lawn Corporation
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Why Work for Williamson Funeral Home and Memorial Gardens?
- At every level, our dedicated team members display a strong
work ethic and commitment to our core values, respect for the
family, the profession, and the individual.
- Work with leading experts in the funeral and cemetery
- Financial assistant programs encouraging employees through
education and development in industry related subjects.
- Robust Health and Welfare Plans, and savings account options,
designed to support your personal needs, enhance well-being and
help navigate life's challenges.
- Rich 401k and Roth Retirement Plan options available for both
Full Time and Part Time employees along with a Company Match.
- Variety of Vacation, Personal Days and Sick Days based on your
role emphasizing the importance of physical and emotional
replenishment for our team.
- Employee Discounts on services, merchandise, and property to
help our team members in their time of need.
- We value honesty, courage, integrity, ethical behavior and the
development of personal growth.
- We are rooted in the communities to provide a personal touch to
every family we serve.
- We believe in the value of funeral and cemetery service,
drawing on decades of experience to create the best experience for
This position is accountable for establishing a professional
relationship with client family on a pre-need basis and to ensure
that all options and needs pertaining to cemetery services and
related merchandise are exceeded.
- Works independently, away from the location, to solicit new
leads, referrals, proactively create and make sales with little to
- Develops new prospects and community-based contacts through
various methods, to include cold calling, telephone solicitation,
seminar attendance and referrals.
- Reports progress, completes and submits required reports in a
timely manner to the applicable manager/leader.
- Maintains strict adherence to pricing structures, completion
and submission of all contracts and required documents and payments
to the Sales Manager and/or business office within required
- Represents the company in a professional and caring manner, by
maintaining a professional personal appearance and employ honesty,
integrity and ethical methods while performing job duties.
- Ensures quality service levels, all company procedures must be
followed when handling complaints, completing post-interment
service activities, and performing other duties for the client
- Ensures a smooth service process for the client family by
maintaining positive and proactive communication and cooperation
with all internal departments.
- Protects confidentiality of company and client family
information, including but not limited to sales and marketing
programs, materials, names and addresses of client families and any
additional related information.
- Identifies and responds to all hazards at location and on
- Participates in all required specific location and company
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Detail Orientation.
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Time Management.
Required Education, Experience, Certifications and Licensure
- Four-year degree or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience preferred.
- Prefer college degree or some college required.
- Proven track record of success in outside sales production
- May require the possession (or ability to obtain) an insurance
license as required by applicable state law.
- Valid state issued driver's license in good standing and
acceptable driving record.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently. Bilingual is
- Attend and perform work in a professional and courteous manner
in accordance with the employer's requirements.
- Demonstrated willingness to participate in growing market share
through community involvement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
Access and PowerPoint) preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal, as well as
external customers, community leaders, and grieving client
- Tactful and professional when dealing with complaints or
dissatisfaction with services or merchandise.
- Maintains a positive attitude and working environment through
organization and communication.
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple projects, prioritizes
tasks, and exercise good judgment.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- The duties associated with this position are generally
performed in an outdoor setting.
- Outdoor duties may require exposure to natural elements such as
inclement weather, extreme temperatures, uneven ground, dust, gas,
- Equipment used to perform the essential function of this
position includes, but is not limited to computer, fax, copier,
merchant terminal, multi-line phone system, personal or company
- Employees in this role are regularly required to climb, sit,
stand, bend, kneel, and frequently lift to 25 pounds.
- This position may also require reaching, pushing, and
- This position may also be exposed to chemicals and/ or blood
borne pathogens. Exposure risk is considered: Low
- This position may require up to 10 percent out of area and
- Travel is primarily local occurring during the business day
- Maximum time spent at location or in office should not exceed
20% of time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: Park Lawn Corporation, Franklin , Community Service Counselor (Sales), Sales , Franklin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...